Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fried Kale. Misunderstood "Baking" Directions



*This is my first multi-picture post!*

I was on FB and some internet friends were talking about kale.  Since I had a partial head left, I asked what I could do with it.  A friend said to cut the head up, mix a little olive oil over the cut up pieces and then lightly salt.  Bake it all up and you'll have some cripsy pieces!! 

Sounds easy, doesn't it??

Onliest, my eyes and brain read it backwards.  Swear to God, I thought it said to fry up the pieces!!  I fried them and couldn't for the life of me understand how they could be crispy!!  I mean, they were fried, you don't get crispy kale from frying!!

Went back to FB to ask what I did wrong.  Reread the post, because I felt stoopid even asking, and then saw 'baking'.  Oh, good honk.  Of all things!! 

I will say, even though they were slightly mushy, they did taste good.  A little too salty but good.  So, I made a stew for this evenings' supper and added those babies right in there!!  The whole thing is sitting on the stovetop simmering away! 

THIS kind of stuff is why I write this blog.  I see things backwards and my recipes have always had a certain...something about them.  When I read a recipe or hear of one, I see/hear one thing and it's usually quite a bit different from the actual recipe.

At least the whole thing turned out well and we'll be well fed this eve'nin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment