Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yummy Diced Apple Cake!!



Oh, and it tastes divine! 

The little whitish spots are pieces of diced apples.  I bought a bag of sliced apples and then diced those babies up!  However, after baking, I was digging in...and noticed the diced apple pieces skins.  I didn't even think to peel them.  Just up and diced away!  Never dawned on me to peel.  Next time, I know to peel.

Anyway, this is another old, old recipe, maybe not quite as old as the Granny Cake, but, old, nonetheless. 

It has lots of sugar, of which I only used about 2/3rds asked for in the recipe and, of course, the apple pieces.  Then there is a little flour, baking soda (need to use just a scoche less, because of taste), cinnamon, egg and vanilla.  Whip that right up, pop it in the the oven, the smell of the baking cake is sheer heaven. 

So, I'll have to notate on the recipe, PEEL the apples before dicing!!  Other than that, it is perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment