Sunday, January 29, 2012

Old Tyme Potato Salad From Auld Recipe



This is another recipe from the old cookbook (plus/minus 100 years old) I found when rummaging through family stuff.  I know the picture isn't very sharp.  I worked on it and still can't get it to sharpen up.  Please pretend you can see everything, ok??

Turns out, it's a bit too runny than I or my hubby like.  Almost had to sieve the potatos, celery, onions to get them to the plate.  The recipe asked for a LOT of mayonnaise, mustard, even apple cider vinegar.  I chilled it in the fridge, hoping to firm it up, but, nope.  Still runny. 

However, it tastes DIVINE.  Ever so yummy!! 

I guess the upshot is, when you put this scrumptious salad on your plate, just know it's going to run all over the place, but, you will have a real palate pleaser!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment